Thursday, December 4, 2008

Pact of the Vermin Lords (Adamant Entertainment)


The idea is good, no doubt about it. For the most part, the power s fit well thematically, and there are some great ideas in the fluff. AoE spells become a spreading contagion, healing becomes shedding the husk, zone spell becomes a cloud of nasty tomb insects, ongoing damage a parasite worm etc, etc. Overall some very cool fluff for a very dark character. The issues I have with PotVL come from the crunch. First of all the at-will is extremely controllerish. I know that the warlock is strike with a tad of controller, but that at-will should be a controller at-will. Oh and did I mention that it is very good? There are also a few powers that look broken and/or weird (You Are My Host, I am looking at you), but overall, it’s fairly solid.
Rating:* * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment